Most Popular Casino Games
Games of skill and games of luck in casinos have always been an integral part of entertainment all over the globe. Many gamers are migrating to the online space to get this same entertainment at greater convenience. And with the diversity of games and bonuses available at online casinos, a wider demographic is joining in. So, it’s no wonder that the industry is now worth several billions of dollars. This article will focus on the popular casino games that attract players to these online platforms.
Slots are the most popular type of casino games, even from the early days of land-based gaming facilities. They are simple to play and offer great winning chances. The popularity of this category of casino games grew even more with the advent of online casinos.
These offerings retain the most appealing features of the old slot machines, such as graphics, sound, paylines, etc. Online slots come with several additions that have attracted even more gamers. These include exciting themes and more explosive mechanics that add spice and flavor to the overall gameplay.
Types of Online Slots
Slots are highly diverse, and we can group them into the following:
- Traditional/classic slots: These are retro slots with classic themes and one to three reels.
- Video slots: These are currently the most common slots, with numerous bonus options as well as a higher number of reels and paylines.
- Multi-line slots: These slots offer different lines and allow players to decide on how much they want to bet on each line. In effect, players get more control over their gameplay and more winning chances in these games.
- Progressive slots: This is a mouthwatering category of online slots. These games have huge jackpot prizes that increase in size as more players bet on the related games.
Blackjack is another popular game in online gaming platforms. For players wondering how to play blackjack online, this game has pretty straightforward rules. Players have to beat the dealer by getting a better hand total without going bust. You win if you get a number closer to 21 than the dealer without exceeding that threshold – once that happens, you lose automatically. Both you and the dealer get two cards, with one of the dealer’s cards being dealt face up.
Online blackjack offerings are not totally based on luck. Other factors such as players’ card skills and strategies come into play. Another remarkable feature of blackjack is its low house edge – about 0.5% when using basic strategy. This value indicates that online casinos have a lesser inherent advantage over the players. Therefore, players have more significant winning chances than in many other casino games.
Blackjack is available in multiple variations, including those described below:
- Classic Blackjack: This is the game’s original version with the basic rules. The dealer and player get two cards each. One is dealt face up and the other face down for the dealer. The goal is to get the hand values as close as possible to 21 without going bust.
- Progressive Blackjack: This one operates like other blackjack casino games, but with the addition of a progressive jackpot. The prize gets bigger as more players bet. In the end, one lucky blackjack player goes home with the big prize.
- European Blackjack: The dealer is dealt only one face-up card here. After the player plays their hand, the dealer takes a second card. This is the major rule change from classic blackjack. European Blackjack works the same in other aspects.
- Blackjack Switch: This blackjack variant is played over two legs, and the player and the dealer get four cards each. The idea is that you can switch these cards to form your hands.
- Spanish 21: In this type of blackjack, players can redouble the cards up to three times, and all the cards with 10 are removed from the deck. Also, your perfect blackjack will always beat the dealer’s in this game. In the standard rules, it would be a tie if you and the dealer both get a perfect blackjack.
This famous game revolves around placing bets on the spinning roulette wheel. You place bets based on where you think the roulette ball will land when the wheel stops. Fortunately, online roulette adds more appealing ingredients such as themes, which might not be obtainable in land-based roulette games. For instance, the Blazing 7s Roulette game at Resorts Casino has a sizzling theme with fiery features.
There are three main popular types of roulette games:
- European Roulette: This is the most popular type of roulette game, and it includes 36 numbers on the wheel plus a single zero (0). The house edge is 2.70%.
- American Roulette: This type of roulette includes 36 numbers, a single zero (0), and a double zero (00) on the wheel. The addition of this extra pocket changes the house edge to 5.26%.
- French Roulette: This roulette game has a similar wheel layout as the European version, but there are some additional rules, such as the La Partage and En Prison rules, which offer you a second chance if the ball lands on 0. These rules take the house edge down to 1.35%. This version also comes with French bets and special advanced betting options.
Roulette is one of the most well liked casino games, if you’re interested in learning more, you may want to visit our basic guide to Roulette.
This popular card game is all about getting the strongest five-card hand. Unlike other card games, you’re not playing against the house or the dealer. Instead, you’re betting against other players to win the pot. Below are the different poker hands from the strongest to the weakest:
- Royal flush
- Straight flush
- Four of a kind
- Full House
- Three of a kind
- Two pairs
- One pair
- High card
This is about the only common factor in the different variations of online poker, as they each have their unique rules. Below are some of the popular types of online poker:
- Texas Hold’em: This is the most popular type of online poker game. It uses a standard 52-card deck. Each player gets two hole cards to create the best five-card hand. Also, there are five community cards in the middle of the table. Players must combine hole cards with community cards to form a five-card hand.
- Omaha: This is another popular variation of online poker where players can only use two cards from the four hole cards they receive. Just like Texas Hold’em poker, players also get five community cards here with the option of flop, turn and river. Also, Omaha poker games come in limit or pot-limit format.
- Seven-Card Stud: This game requires two to eight players without flop and community cards. The game begins with two cards face-down and a third face-up. Players strive for the best five-card combination after getting three cards face down and four face up.
Baccarat is one of the best online casino games you can play. The objective is to get a hand value as close to 9 as possible. Unlike blackjack, you can’t bust as any numbers over 9 are taken at the unit value. Also, you’re not exactly betting against the dealer. There are banker and player sides on the table, and you simply have to bet on which side you think will win. A third ‘tie’ option is available. The game uses six to eight decks and has some of the lowest house edges, as low as 1.06% for the banker’s hand.
Here are some of the popular kinds:
- Three-Card Baccarat: This game uses a 52-card deck and has some special rules. In this variation, a hand with three face cards gives the biggest payout, followed by a total of 9.
- Punto Banco: This variation has standard rules for baccarat but uses six standard decks of 52 cards.
- Chemin De Fer: This is a French variation of baccarat played with six decks of cards. In Chemin De Fer, participants play against each other and deal the cards. Players take turns as the dealer.
- Mini Baccarat: This is another very popular type of baccarat played on a small table and at a quicker pace.
If you’re a beginner wanting to learn more about Baccarat, you may want to understand Baccarat basic strategies.
Other Online Casino Games
There are lots of other types of casino games that players can try out at Resorts Casino. They include:
- Scratch cards: This is an online version of lottery scratch cards where players can earn real and instant prizes by matching scratched symbols.
- Craps: These games involve betting on simulated dice outcomes based on a random number generator.
- Bingo and Keno: These online casino games are both lottery-style offerings and involve matching numbered balls from the draw to those on your ticket to win.
The most popular casino games are not only incredibly fun to play, but also offer chances to win real money. Of course, you may want to apply a strategy or two to increase your chances. Games such as blackjack involve a significant level of skill that could influence your outcomes. Others, such as slots, are highly chance-based, but they can offer some incredible payouts if you get lucky.