Slots machine Tips and Tricks
Today, slot machines occupy a sizable portion of casinos’ game libraries, not just at brick-and-mortar establishments but also online casino platforms. These casino games are popular for so many reasons, the top of which is simplicity. However, as simple as they can be, making the best of these reel-based games takes some knowledge and understanding. Fortunately, this article will be laying bare all the slots tips and tricks you need to know before spinning the reels. Beyond casino slots tricks, this guide also explains the basic principles of these slot machines.
How do slot machines work?
Slots are the simplest of casino games; by learning slot tips and tricks, you can improve your chances of winning. They involve reels that house numerous symbols. Each round starts when you set your stake and press the spin button, and all you have to do is watch the symbols settle into position. These slot machines will feature symbols that correspond with the game’s theme. These reel characters trigger a win when they form matching combinations on a payline.
Note that the number of these paylines is different for each game, and the size of each win depends on the number and quality of symbols that form the winning combination. While the sequence of characters that appear is based on the game’s inherent Random Number Generator (RNG), there are smart ways to increase your winning chances.
Types of slots
These slot machines come in variants, which appeal to different players for different reasons. Below are the various types of slots and why casinos offer them.
- Classic slots: These are the first generation of slot machines with straightforward reel structures. Usually, they involve 1-3 reels with a retro theme and lots of fruit symbols. Also, these classic slots come with very few paylines.
- Video slots: These are modernized slots that look like advanced video games. The basic principle of slot machines still applies here, but there is more attention paid to other features that make these newer slots highly engaging. For instance, video slots come with well-portrayed themes, unique winning mechanics, more bonus rounds, etc.
- Progressive slots: When you check the game library of most online casinos, you will find the ‘progressive’ category. This section contains slots that offer big jackpots. These grand prizes keep rising until a lucky player hits the massive slots win at the casino.
- Megaways slots: These are video slots with the popular Megaways mechanic. This slot technology was first introduced in 2017 by Big Time Gaming and is based on random reel modifications. It allows massive winning lines up to 117,649 or higher.
How to play online slots: Our top 10 tips
Below are the 10 most common slots tips and tricks you can implement when playing these games:
- Stake carefully: Players should only stake as much as they can afford to lose because there’s no guarantee of wins or losses in online slots.
- Check out the slot’s RTP and volatility: These are the key elements of a slot machine that influence how rewarding the game can be. The RTP suggests the ratio of winnings players can expect over time. On the other hand, the volatility factor influences the size and frequency of winning combinations. Low volatility tends to churn out smaller wins often. High volatility is less frequent but awards bigger payouts.
- Take advantage of bonuses and promotions: Most online casinos offer different bonuses to not only attract more players but also give them memorable gaming experiences. Taking advantage of these freebies increases your chances by allowing you to play for longer or place bigger bets than your normal bankroll would permit.
- Do not play to recover your losses: In luck-based games like video slots, sometimes losses are inevitable. It’s imperative not to chase your losses when you hit a losing streak. Trying to recover your losses with poorly decided bets can lead to even more losses and make you spend more than your budget.
- Join the VIP club: Most online casinos have an exclusive club strictly for loyal and elite players. Members of these clubs are privy to special bonuses and features that improve the gaming experience and create more winning opportunities.
- Practice before going all in: Most online video slots come in demo and real versions. Players can go about the game without staking actual money in the former. This is a great way to practice and better understand the games before investing real cash.
- Keep your bankroll in mind: You should know what your balance looks like at every point of a game and not get carried away by wins or losses. Managing your bankroll is very important in online slot gameplay.
- Study the paytable: Every slot game comes with a paytable, which shows the symbols, the size of wins and the in-game features available. A look at the paytable will show you the premium symbols to look out for.
- Play in reputable casinos: There are numerous online casinos, but not all of them are safe and reputable. Players should check that a reputable authority licenses the casino they wish to play at. Resorts Casino is one of the safest and fairest on the market, thanks to a license from the NJDGE (New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement).
- Occasionally, take a break: One thing to take away from these slots tips and tricks is responsible gaming, it’s very important if you wish to enjoy a fun and rewarding slot experience. One of the major ways to practice gambling responsibly is to take a break. You can stop during a losing streak or a winning one. If you’ve reached your desired win limit, it’s a good idea to walk away with what you have before you fall back into losses.
Understand how to play your slot
Slots are arguably the simplest casino games you will find out there, as the actual gameplay all boils down to spinning the reels. However, the decisions you make before around the gameplay can affect how profitable your gaming session will be. Once you have figured out your gaming objective, it becomes easy to make the right calls and take advantage of the available features.
Choosing the right slot
What the right slot looks like largely depends on the player. Those who are drawn to the reels because of excitement might want immersive video slots with thrilling themes, outstanding visuals and action-packed bonus games. Classics are the way to go if you like to keep it clean and simple. In the case of high rollers, the essential ingredients to look out for are high volatility and high-paying features like Megaways and jackpots.
In a nutshell, players should gravitate towards slot machines with features and elements that will help them meet their gaming objectives. The good thing is that the best-quality slots will be advantageous for players regardless of the category they fall into.